22.3.10

It Made Me Think...

A great piece of news on biz-report.com made me think long and hard about my own personal project and how I need to consider that people keep coming back to it again and again. The online source talks about how tweeting news and sending out information isnt going to ensure that a whole community is build around a company. They need to focus on creating a modern and efficient brand identity that creates a loyal community.

"Ullman sees too many brands treating social marketing like display ads, counting clicks rather than collaborating with the consumer. To get a different response, Ullman suggests treating social platforms differently and offering consumers more than a daily deal or coupon." - biz-report.com (Ullman is senior vice president of marketing with social media company Ripple)

I have to make sure that the users of my project are benefited accordingly and add value, while feeling valued themselves.

A great example of an online community that I love:


I love it because it gets women together, they offer their advice, opinions and its a safe online place to unite.