8.5.10

What Fashion Consultancy Involves

I personally believe it always good to have an end goal and becoming an expert in the fashion market is where I want to be. Whether I am going to open my dream store in Greece or start a forecasting service here I know that one day I want to make it alone. As scary as that sounds. So I have just come across a great article from theglobeandmail.com, a very insightful website with all the latest industry and economy news. They posted a great article on fashion consultancy, and I think with the economic donwturn (many struggling brands crying out fighting for our attention) plus the extrodinarely fast paced digital environment, one day its fscebook & twitter, the next its an app, the next a live real-time show and you are not even worth knowing unless there is a cool new video on your site; fashion consultancies must be having a slight rise in the number of brands seeking help. So these are the notes on what a modern fashion consultant actually does...

1.Provide insight in new and emerging trends (that I knew!)
2.Aid in the development of a creative campaign
3.Help with the promotion and project management of a special event(s)
4. The design, sourcing and production of clothing and accessories including taking key customer markets into consideration all the while.
5.How to open a boutique/new store, from chosing the area, to the visual merchandising displays, the employess, to the launch event.